Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sonya C Flowers has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Sonya C Flowers has the following 11 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
Showing 5 of 16
Took about a month to get an appointment. Then I waited well over 45 minutes after my appointment time to get to a room. Even though I was only one of two patients in the office when I arrived. I finally get to an examination room. The doctor showed up 10 minutes after I'm in the room. So, I'm there over an hour after my appointment time and just now seeing the doctor. She spends about 5 minutes looking at the bump on my forehead and tells me they need to do a biopsy to find out what it is. Ok, no big deal. She takes a chunk of it and sews the hole up. She tells me it will take less than a week for the results to come back. No problem, I have to come back in a week to get the stitches out anyway. I ask the doctor about what activities I can do while I have the stitches. She says that they will put a waterproof bandage on the spot and that I can't get it wet for 24 hours. After that there's no need for anything. As I'm driving home my wife says my bandage is coming off. I look at it and it is a cheap non waterproof bandaid. I look at the other bandaids they gave my wife and they too are the cheapest ones I've ever seen. They wouldn't even stay stuck to my skin. I had to stop at CVS to get waterproof bandaids just so I could take a shower. Now, 4 weeks after the biopsy was taken I still have not heard the results. Any time I've had contact with the office, I've had to call them. Each time they told me the lab was having to do "more stains" whatever that means. This last time I called was a week after one nurse told me it would only be two to three more days until we get the results. This time I got a different nurse who made me feel like I was pestering her. She basically told me that it would take up to three more weeks for the results to be in and to not call again until then. That's when I got a bit upset. I asked her if it was normal for a biopsy to take this long and she said yes. Oh, so the few days I was told by the doctor and the other nurse were lies? I've had similar biopsies before and it only takes about a week if you get it done by a competent doctor. I'm not happy to say the least. As soon as I get the results I'm going to have them transferred to a different doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
12 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Sonya C Flowers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sonya C Flowers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.