Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Soon H Kwon has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Soon H Kwon has the following 14 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Soon H Kwon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Kwon checks for specific things geared towards the labs... Blood tests show a lot more than people think. The appointments are far out but he's eager to adjust the dosages and offer options.... I discuss things with him as he stick to what he specialize in... Some. Have told me to run, because he love removing thyroids, well seems he is about curing the problem not just symptoms. I just want to be back to normal..
Don't waist your time being seen with this Dr. He was very blunt and had aweful bedside manner! I walked out in tears because I was told to go to a gym for some weight I've gained from being hypothyroid. Staff was very nice but this by far was the worst experience in my life. I'll never drive 45 minutes for someone to tell me to work out.
I have had thyroid issues for a while, and other endocrinologists and doctors didn't care to treat me. Dr.Kwon knows his stuff. He isn't the warm and fuzzy kind of guy, but he will treat and diagnose you if you have a problem. He is thorough and explains everything. I was expecting to be treated like crap because of my prior experiences, including many with doctors and Duke, but unlike my other doctors he cared and knows what he is doing. I may have a pituitary tumor and all the high and mighty staff at Duke refused to admit anything was wrong with me while using the same labs as Dr. Kwon. He is a life saver. I don't get why people are giving him bad reviews because of his nurses or because he looks at labs. Hello! That's what doctors are supposed to do!
St Elizabeth Health Center
Dr. Soon H Kwon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Soon H Kwon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.