Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Soon H Kwon has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Soon H Kwon has the following 14 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Soon H Kwon has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Soon H Kwon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Don't waist your time being seen with this Dr. He was very blunt and had aweful bedside manner! I walked out in tears because I was told to go to a gym for some weight I've gained from being hypothyroid. Staff was very nice but this by far was the worst experience in my life. I'll never drive 45 minutes for someone to tell me to work out.
I have had thyroid issues for a while, and other endocrinologists and doctors didn't care to treat me. Dr.Kwon knows his stuff. He isn't the warm and fuzzy kind of guy, but he will treat and diagnose you if you have a problem. He is thorough and explains everything. I was expecting to be treated like crap because of my prior experiences, including many with doctors and Duke, but unlike my other doctors he cared and knows what he is doing. I may have a pituitary tumor and all the high and mighty staff at Duke refused to admit anything was wrong with me while using the same labs as Dr. Kwon. He is a life saver. I don't get why people are giving him bad reviews because of his nurses or because he looks at labs. Hello! That's what doctors are supposed to do!
St Elizabeth Health Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMedical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas St, Charleston, SC
Dr. Soon H Kwon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.