Dr. Sophia Burns Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sophia Burns?

Posted on March 24th, 2016

Worst experience ever. I used Dr Burns with my second child, her bedside manner was horrible, the wait time for appointments was over 2 hrs every time and the office staff would never give any information as to if she was in the office or doing a delivery. She scheduled an induction on a Wednesday evening, arrival time of 3 pm, she was doing rounds at the hospital per the nurse and instead of checking on me and started the inducing process she went home to have the other dr on call whom I am meeting for the first time and has no clue about my birth plan, etc, to come start the process. She was then supposed to come in around 8 am to break my water, I had been on potocin since 10 pm the previous night so I got my epidural around 830am, the epidural did not work, my blood pressure was bottoming out, I was throwing up, and the nurses kept trying to reach her, they said she wasnt a morning person, we called the office and no dr burns there either. She finally showed up around noon and broke my water but would not do anything about the non working epidural. She was MIA when it came time to push and I ended up having to sit with my baby crowned, feeling every ounce of pain, for about 15 minutes until they could find a dr from a completely different office to deliver my baby.

Terrible Experience

Posted on March 11th, 2015

The office staff are very friendly. My complaint is mainly about my delivery. When I dilated enough to push, I pushed all that I could. My epidural didn't work all the way. I could still feel some pain. After awhile Dr. Burns told the nurses that I wasn't pushing good enough and that I needed to feel more pain so that I could push better. I'm not sure if they just turned the epidural way down, or off, but next thing I know I am in SO much pain. I was dilated at 10 for nearly an hour with no epidural. I thought I would die, and actually thought dying would be easier than pushing the baby out with all the pain I was having. Dr. Burns finally came back in and I begged for a c-section, but she said no, that I could do this. She said I was putting stress on my baby by not pushing correctly and hard enough. I knew she was frustrated with me when she halfway climbed onto my bed to tell me by not pushing I was only hurting my baby. I assured her I was pushing all I could! Finally, after another little while, she tried vaccumming the baby out. When that didn't work, she told them to get me ready for a c-section. It took them awhile to get me in there. Once they finally operated and got the baby out, Dr. Burns told me that the baby was transverse/sideways. Nomatter how hard I pushed, no way was that baby coming out naturally. She was nearly 10 pounds too. My experience was terrible. I now have a large hernia from pushing so hard. It was truly awful.

Great Experience

Posted on April 29th, 2013

I went to Dr Burns when I was pregnant with my first baby and I could not have asked for a better experience. She is so nice and even though I only got to see her half the time, she does have a midwife, Taresa, who is wonderful! Dr Burns always answered my questions and my pregnancy had no complications so i really didnt need to spend too much time in the office for my visit. All the staff were very nice and would strike up a conversation with you and they always seemed in a good mood. Sometimes I would get seen pretty quickly but every once in awhile it might be a long wait because sometimes they would get called to the hospital so they had one doctor handling all the patients. so that never bothered me because it was understandable. Im pregnant with my second and cant wait to go back to this office!

Posted on May 12th, 2017