Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sophia Chin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Chin is the best! I've had her care for me for both of my high risk pregnancies and I thought she was wonderful. She does a great job explaining things. My first pregnancy was high risk for so many reasons and I switched to her due a friend's recommendation. So glad I did. Huge difference between her and my previous doc. 3 of my friends also are her patients and we all love her. Late for my yearly woman check but will definitely be booking it with her!
Dr. Chin was not my primary physician but was an associate to my OBGYN. Dr. Chin was the doctor on call for my scheduled induction. I pushed for nearly 3 hours when she finally decided to do a c-section. I was told my son was not in distress but that I had gotten a fever and it would be best to devliver him through the c-section. Well, when my son was delivered he had a laceration in his umbilical cord, he was not breathing and had to be taken to the NICU. On top of that there was a medical student that was allowed to scrub in on my surgery. It just so happened the student had hepatitis B and pricked herself with a needle during my surgery. Needless to say that the delivery of my son was the most stressful situation that I have ever been through. I became depressed and was not able to fully enjoy the birth of my first child. I will not be going back to the practice when I become pregnant again.
Dr. Chin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital
- University of Illinois at Chicago
Dr. Sophia Chin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sophia Chin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Park Ridge, IL.