Dr. Sophia Chung Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Sophia Chung?

Doesn't understand the brain

Posted on November 9th, 2017

She seems to be a good ophthalmologist but not a NEURO-ophthalmologist. From a serious skull injury to my head I get brain symptoms from using my eye to move them or having things coming at my eye. Different tests she did caused different reactions from sobbing to jumping up and feeling like I was being suffocated and she had no clue why. Dr. Chung tried to convince me it was mind over matter, said I didn’t need to react to it because I “cooperated before” and said the only way she’d treat me is if I had no neurological reaction to different tests. I left early. If you need your eyes checked for glasses she may be alright. But if you need an actual neuro-ophthalmologist go elsewhere. She doesn’t know what she’s doing and is really cocky.

Already had surgery gone wrong by another dr

Posted on December 29th, 2013

I am suppose to see dr Chung but after seeing other comments about her and how rude and not listening to patients this does not sound like a doctor that I do not want to waste my time on I've been through enough after having surgery that was suppose to help me see better now I am left with almost no vision and the surgeon that done it wants to send me to a doctor like this that is rude and doesn't care

Posted on March 26th, 2013

Dr. Chung is one of the finest, most professional specialists I've ever been lucky enough to meet. St. Louis University Hospital is a teaching hospital; I was so impressed with how she worked with her third-year med student, a resident and a fellow to make sure I completely understood every test and every result, knew what to expect from my diagnosis and what to do when I returned to my home (3 hours away). I am so blessed to have been seen by such an accomplished, caring, efficient physician.

Posted on February 25th, 2013

Wonderful bedside manner, Dr Chung was a very nice person and excellent doctor. After seeing 4 specialists in St Louis, Dr Chung was able to diagnos my daughter in one visit.

Arrogant & Rude

Posted on January 16th, 2013

Dr Chung diagnosed my daughter's pseudo tumor cerebri 10 years ago. She was rude and arrogant 10 Years ago and from the appointment yesterday she is still rude & arrogant and told my daughter she was wasting Dr Chungs time.

Posted on August 15th, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the courtsey and efficiency of all the people in the SLU Opthalmology Dept. I was prepared for long wait periods and indifferent attitudes due to the size of the facility and the number of patients. My concerns were for naught! It is one well oied machine!

Vanessa Pratt

Posted on July 26th, 2012

Did not listen to my issue. Acted like I was wasting her time when in fact she wasted 4 hours of my time by not listening and not reviewing the referring physician's notes or looking at the MRI scan I had. She is arrogant. Blew off my symptoms to blephritis which is an inflammation of the eye lid. The resident even knew as well as I that it was not blephritis. I truely dought my opthamologist would have sent me for blephritis. When I called to say things were worsening, she told her nurse to tell me just to follow up with my opthamologist for blephritis. I cannot believe how much money I had to pay to be treated so poorly and have such a terrible misdiagnosis. It turns out I have Psuedotumor Cerebri which can cause blindness. I kept wondering what I had done to make her treat me so poorly but I see from the other reviews that is how she treats most. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing I treated people so rudely.

Posted on October 31st, 2010

She is great! After seeing 4 doctors, she made the diagnosis and now my double vision is gone!

Posted on August 18th, 2010

This Dr is very hateful as well as her staff. She has no bedside manner She doesn't get all the facts

Posted on August 6th, 2010

- Doctor is arrogant and will not listen to patient- Interrupts you when talking to her

Posted on December 16th, 2015