Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sophie D Barbant
Dr. Sophie D Barbant, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barbant is affiliated with Marin General Hospital and California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Sophie D Barbant has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sophie D Barbant has the following 14 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Sophie D Barbant has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Barbant is a terrible doctor!I was a little nervous about having to go to a cardiologist in the first place so when Dr. Barbant treated me like I was wasting her time I felt totally dismissed. I was shocked when after describing my symptoms she said " Just live your life" and that was when the two interns who were standing at her side questioned her and recommended I get a heart monitor. She then left the room in a huff with them and came back to tell me I needed a monitor.Find another cardiologist.
Dr. Barbant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Paris
Graduated in 1987
Ca Pacific Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHighland Hospital & Highland Wellness, 1411 E 31st St, Oakland, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sophie D Barbant in this video.
Dr. Sophie D Barbant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.