Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sophie Bersoux has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Nutritional Support
Showing 5 of 10
I called because I was ten minutes late for an appointment, due to terrible traffic. They were rude, but said to come on in. As I walked into the facility, Dr. Bersoux's assistant called and said the doctor was canceling because I was late. I explained that I was also receiving chemo later that day at the Mayo facility where the doctor works, and that Mayo had coordinated the visits. They did not care. I asked them to reconsider, given my circumstances and the fact they had told me to keep coming. They did not care,saying that the doctor insisted I be cancelled. I asked if they could put me on wait list for cancellations. They coldly said they do not do that. I asked for the next appointment. It was five months away. Would you entrust your care to this doctor?
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
36 Years Experience
Universite Catholique De Lille
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Sophie Bersoux accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sophie Bersoux is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.