Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Soren A Ryberg
Dr. Soren A Ryberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Elmo, MN, with another office in Minneapolis, MN. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Ryberg is affiliated with Fairview Ridges Hospital, Unity Hospital and Mercy Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Soren A Ryberg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 28
Nothing was memorable about this experience. This Dr was 40 minutes late in seeing me and after finally coming out to get me brought me back and asked me " what is it you're here for"?! After 4 yrs of dealing with severe pain and symptoms in my cervical spine, along with chronic headaches, and pain in my leg's, his response to me was he doesn't see people for these conditions and that I was facing muscle related problems!!!! I would not recommend this Dr to my worst enemy! I honestly can ask, why does he still have a medical degree?! Unbelievable!!!!!!!
I had a very different experience (than the other reviews) with Dr. Ryberg at my appointment yesterday. I found his 'bedside manner' to be just fine. He seemed genuinely interested in my symptoms, listening intently to everything I said. He asked many questions and was clearly making an effort to think about what might be wrong with me. He was kind and professional. He wasn't able to diagnose me on the spot, so he ordered 3 tests and said he would follow up with me afterwards. I was pleased with the service I received from this doctor.
Dr. Ryberg is clearly knowledgable, but has one of the worst bedside manners I've experienced. He comes off as very condescending and indifferent, and spends extremely little time with me. He does not appear interested in listening at all. He has been helpful to me, which I appreciate, but I think I would have improved more quickly and thoroughly had he taken the time to listen.
I have to agree with the majority comments for Dr. Ryberg. He didn't seem concerned with my symptoms. He was perceived as condescending and arrogant. He suggested sleep, good diet and exercise, all of which I manage well at this point and do not address the problem. He seemed to have made up his mind before I got into the exam room that I was fine. He never looked at the previous tests I brought or the 10 years worth of progressing symptoms I took the time to document for him. He suggested I am getting older. I would guess he didn't want to be bothered. I wonder if he likes his job? Please, please don't go to this doctor if you need serious medical attention. He will not meet your need. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but even if my tests are positive I would never go back to him for any kind of care. Unfortunately.
Dr. Ryberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. Soren A Ryberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Medica Ridgeview Comm Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Soren A Ryberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Elmo, MN.