Dr. Soren Ryberg Is this you?

1.8

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Soren Ryberg?

Reschedule with someone else!

Posted on July 19th, 2017

Clearly not interested in his patients or what they have to say. Discredits your symptoms. Rude personality.

Horrible experience!

Posted on August 20th, 2016

Nothing was memorable about this experience. This Dr was 40 minutes late in seeing me and after finally coming out to get me brought me back and asked me " what is it you're here for"?! After 4 yrs of dealing with severe pain and symptoms in my cervical spine, along with chronic headaches, and pain in my leg's, his response to me was he doesn't see people for these conditions and that I was facing muscle related problems!!!! I would not recommend this Dr to my worst enemy! I honestly can ask, why does he still have a medical degree?! Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Good Experience

Posted on June 9th, 2016

I had a very different experience (than the other reviews) with Dr. Ryberg at my appointment yesterday. I found his 'bedside manner' to be just fine. He seemed genuinely interested in my symptoms, listening intently to everything I said. He asked many questions and was clearly making an effort to think about what might be wrong with me. He was kind and professional. He wasn't able to diagnose me on the spot, so he ordered 3 tests and said he would follow up with me afterwards. I was pleased with the service I received from this doctor.

Posted on March 26th, 2015

Dr. Ryberg is clearly knowledgable, but has one of the worst bedside manners I've experienced. He comes off as very condescending and indifferent, and spends extremely little time with me. He does not appear interested in listening at all. He has been helpful to me, which I appreciate, but I think I would have improved more quickly and thoroughly had he taken the time to listen.

Posted on August 13th, 2014

I have to agree with the majority comments for Dr. Ryberg. He didn't seem concerned with my symptoms. He was perceived as condescending and arrogant. He suggested sleep, good diet and exercise, all of which I manage well at this point and do not address the problem. He seemed to have made up his mind before I got into the exam room that I was fine. He never looked at the previous tests I brought or the 10 years worth of progressing symptoms I took the time to document for him. He suggested I am getting older. I would guess he didn't want to be bothered. I wonder if he likes his job? Please, please don't go to this doctor if you need serious medical attention. He will not meet your need. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but even if my tests are positive I would never go back to him for any kind of care. Unfortunately.

Easy Answer -- "Stress is your problem"

Posted on May 1st, 2014

I wish I had studied up on this doctor before seeing him. This is one of many websites, where reviews of Dr. Ryberg's "work" are less than desireable. I found Dr. Soren Ryberg to have a very poor bedside manner. In addition, after having some concerning symptoms that have just started in the last month, he told me this is just how my body reacts. I am pretty sure I know my body better than he does...and the reason I went to see him is because that is NOT how my body reacts. I will be finding a new neurologist who actually wants to help people, not make them feel inferior and stupid for going to see him. I am appauled that Noran, with their fancy reputation, would keep someone like this on staff, with all the reviews I have now (too late) found. No one deserves the treatment I received, especially when paying so much for it. Not impressed.

Leg pain sufferer

Posted on April 29th, 2014

Was referred by my GP because of debilitating leg pain. Did a few little "tests" and was told everything was fine, maybe had soft tissue damage. I asked where did I go from here? I was told that he had done his job as a neurologist and the info he gave me as far as soaking my legs in warm water, turning my ankles for a better range of motion, possibly acupuncture and going back to see my GP were above and beyond his call of duty. He also let me know that he would not give me pain meds-I let him know that WAS NOT the reason I was there to see him. I WANTED ANSWERS. No CT Scan, MRI NOTHING!!!!! He made me feel like a pill seeker, which I AM NOT. I'm sorry I did not do research on him before my appointment. I appreciate all of the other reviews that are posted, made me feel like I was not alone and frustrated with this "DR.". Please DO NOT see this man!!!!! Waste of my valuable time and money.

Want to be treated like a joke. Go to Dr. Ryberg!!!

Posted on November 18th, 2013

He did not listen to a word I said he told me I was "fine" and the area of the brain and symptoms in question were silly for me to be worried about and that any pain I was having must be nothing more than "stress". He went on & on about how this was all in my head although there is abnormal markings on my MRI scans and I have a family history of similar issues. His bedside manner is terrible!! Unless you suffer from a severe neurological condition, and have something he finds interesting do not see this man, I will be getting a second opinion.

Posted on May 31st, 2013

After waiting nearly 40 minutes, he snapped at my preschool age twins because (though he had not mentioned anything) he evidently did not like them coloring sheets of paper with the crayons his receptionist had provided. When one of the twin girls began crying (tears and all) he ignored her entirely. After I left, I took a breath and returned to let him know how disappointed I was at this. He then proceeded to tell me that I had not done my job as a parent. I will not return.

Find a different neurologist!

Posted on October 5th, 2012

Dr. Ryberg did not listen to a word I said, nor did he read any of the forms I filled out describing my patient history and symptoms. In fact, his carelessness caused him to misread a medical report I had sent over from another doctor and, when I tried to correct him, he wouldn't listen to me. Instead, he told me that I was "confused" and talked to me as though I were was stupid, despite the fact that I have a PhD. He also failed to actually LOOK AT the area in which I was having pain. Without doing any form of examination, reading my list of symptoms, or ordering any tests, he told me I was "fine" and that any pain I was having must be nothing more than "stress" and gave me a referral for stress management. Two days later, when I lost all movement in my legs, lost my vision, and had a loud ringing in my ears I did not feel "fine."

"Your symptoms don't really matter...."

Posted on August 10th, 2012

Was referred for a consult with Dr. Ryberg on a semi-urgent basis by a neurosurgeon. Spent 10 minutes waiting for my scans to come up on his computer before he started speaking to me, so 1/3 of my office visit was waiting for him to get his paperwork in order. I was extremely nervous for the appointment, and was jittery. Due to my high anxiety level during the visit, he immediately concluded that I had a particular condition that can be confirmed via bloodwork, at which time, he actually told me my symptoms were not important...by the way, bloodwork was negative for the condition he "knew" I was suffering from, even though he didn't know what my symptoms were...

Condesending and a Waste of Time

Posted on September 27th, 2011

I wish I would have found this website before going to see Doctor Ryberg. He basically told me he doesn't believe I have migraine headaches, and it's just made up by my brain. He alluded to that painkillers and medicine could create this. He had no interest in hearing about symptoms, triggers and so forth, but focused only on speaking about medicines that shouldn't be used.