Dr. Soundarapandian Baskar Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Soundarapandian Baskar?

Research before going

Posted on December 23rd, 2016

Seen dr. on 4 different occasions, spent no more than 90 seconds with me

Never go again

Posted on December 18th, 2016

I went to this Dr baskar in Leesburg Florida ,he was supposed to do a few procedures they never call to sent up time to have it done called on Sunday the 18th answering service was very disrespectful and when I asked to have Dr call me , she said it was my problem and hung up ,i called three times after that and she pick up phone and hung up called hospital.they said it was uncalled for .for answering service to act like that I will never go there again and the girl should go work some where else if she can't handle her job.I won't give any stars but I guess u have to chose at less one

Posted on July 12th, 2016

Just had consultation with Baskar for future colonoscopy. Overbooked with patients. Some were waiting outside in the heat due to small waiting room. Exam room was not clean looking and clerk who set up my appointment for procedure had filthy nails. I will not be going back there. My primary will have to give me another referral somewhere else.

Questionable practices

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Baskar by my family physician. After a short consultation, he scheduled a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. The morning of the procedure was uneventful except for the fact the nurse and anesthesiologist introduced themselves, but Dr. Baskar hung back and never said a word. He also had 26 patients to do procedures on that day. An extraordinary amount. My follow up was scheduled for six (6) weeks later. Far too long to wait!! In the waiting room, we heard the phone rung continuously. The ring tone was a SIREN! Annoying and distressing to say the least!! Short wait in the examining room for Dr. Baskar. I intently listened as he has an accent since he is from India and I find it difficult to understand him. At the end, he made mention of something two years ago. When I stopped him and asked him to repeat, he said he said I had a colonoscopy done by him two years ago. When I corrected him and said it was five years and done in my home state, he shot out of the room. The aide retrieved my paperwork and shook her head "no" as she left. She came back and apologized as the paperwork was for someone else. Doctor apologized and said THE INFORMATION WAS ABOUT THE SAME and to watch the use of Advil..(take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning cliché prescription )!!!!!!! Unpleasant visit, no valid information, incompetent staff and doctor.

One of the best!!

Posted on September 15th, 2015

Excellent Physician, found a problem and it was removed by an excellent surgeon. Have had 3 colonoscopy's by Dr. Baskar and have excellent results, his colon preparation is more thorough than many physicians but this allows him better visuals which is the reason you are there!

Terrible experience. Poor Standards!

Posted on March 8th, 2014

Saw the doctor in the hospital when I was very sick. Seems to be in a rush and spent 3 minutes . He wanted to examine my stomach and colon. Before I could say anything the nurse came in and asked him when the preparation should be started for my colonoscopy. I asked her what she meant and she told me after the doctor left that the orders were already given to her 30 min before that. So he already decided to do the tests without my permission or talking to me. Poor standards! Poor care. I decided to cancel my appointments and went and saw another GI doctor.

Colonoscopy

Posted on April 25th, 2010

When I arrived for my colonoscopy appointment @ 12:30 p.m. I was told that there were 3 people waiting in the waiting room and 6 people already taken back to the prep area....a total of 10 patients waiting for their test! The sign in sheet showed that the doctor books two colonoscopies every 15 minutes. His staff confirmed this booking practice. With each procedure taking at least 15 minutes, it is a certainty that long long waits are in store for each patient. One lady asked about her husband whose appointment was at 11:15a.m. was told he was still in the prep area waiting for his procedure. The time then was 1:15p.m.! I was treated no better than livestock, herded back to a crowded, cluttered, dirty, make shift room and told to remeove all my clothing. The curtain that should have afforded some privacy was 4 inches to narrow for the opening. Without much success, I attempted to hold one side closed while undressing with my free hand. Patients, male and female were paraded past my cubical while I was removing my clothes. I saw them and I know they saw me in varying stages of nakedness. This parade continued though out my stay. The cubical walls were little more than cardboard. I heard the entire medical histories of the patients on either side of my bed as I am sure they heard mine. Right down to describing the appearance of our last bowel movement! I had had nothing to eat for two days and nothing to drink in over 12 hours! After waiting 3 hours, I finally recieved my colonoscopy.

Posted on September 21st, 2017