Dr. Spencer A Land Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Spencer A Land?

Worst doctor ever

Everywhere and Nowhere

I had a procedure done by Dr. Land and it went well. We talked afterward and he told me come back in a month. When I called the receptionist she did not have my name or any knowledge of me. If you look at Dr. Land's web site he has 4 offices: Streeterville, Bucktown, Lincoln Park and Lakeview. He is at different location depending on the day of the week. But the web only shows one phone number. My husband tried repeatedly to call his voice mail but the voice mail box was so full he couldn't leave a message.

Patients Relative

My daughter in law recently saw Dr. Spencer and was so upset I feel I need to share her experience. She has never once complained to me about any doctor, dentist, etc. in all the years I have known her yet she said Dr. Spencer's bedside manner was not caring, gentle or attentive. Furthermore, he rushed through her appointment and did not attempt to figure out her case. Based on what she told me and because of her past history with docs, I feel the need to post this for future patients.

Very disappointing experience

No matter how routine the procedure, attention should be paid to the patient's comfort level. I was extremely uncomfortable and tense, and commented as such several times. However Dr. Land was still quite abrasive and did not pause to try to make me feel comfortable at all. Following the procedure, the discussion was entirely useless. Had I not asked any questions, he would have given me a prescription and shown me to the door. But I did ask questions, and he did not have an answer for any of them. Everything he said seemed like a guess, or it was something I already knew. He did not inspire any kind of confidence. There were no solutions, potential causes, not even a tentative plan for when to stop the medication he'd prescribed. He became so frustrated with my questions that he recommended me to a different doctor. I left feeling very disappointed and frustrated, then angry. I would never go back to Dr. Land.

Not worth the risk

Dr. Land provides no guidance related to how you should care for yourself after a procedure, and offers no follow-up unless the patient takes the initiative. Scheduling an appointment is EXTREMELY difficult, and there is a good chance it will be cancelled and need to be rescheduled.

His heart is not in it.

Never again will I contact this doctor, his office or recommend him to anyone. Dr Land is horrible at explaining procedures, doesn't follow up and seems to only be interested in assembly line surgery. He doesn't communicate with his office and often times, they are in the dark about what he is doing and even when he will be on vacation. I went ahead with the procedure done by Dr Land only because I was running out of time with my insurance. He showed up for the procedure, but was not there when I woke up and left vague instructions on what I needed to do next. He never called the next day to find out how I was feeling and neither did his office. I finally called his office a couple of days later to find out when I needed to schedule a follow up and they didn't seem to know why I needed to see him. I again explained I needed a follow up appointment because I had just had a procedure and then the response was " I suppose he will need to see you". I don't recommend Dr Land and if someone in your family is seeing him, please, please make sure he is not taking advantage by getting a second opinion. My final impression of Dr Land is that he is money motivated and is in a hurry to payoff his med school loans. His priorities are wrong!

Nice, competent, many convenient locations

I've seen Dr. Land multiple times at various locations (poor guy - so much travelling), depending on my scheduling or location needs. He's professional, curteous, generally nice (important if someone squeezes your balls) and does not make you feel awkward (!!). I really recommend him, esp. for first timers.

This doctor is very polite, humble, very professional and listens to the patient's concern even with the very hectic schedule he has.He spends time in listening to the patient even though he is very busy.He is generous especially to clients without insurance.Where can you find a clinic who does the examination of patients first before any information of the patient is being taken? Not anywhere but only in Dr. Spencer Land's clinic.First time in the history I've ever experience even back home.He's one who is very accommodating to his clients and very approachable.

Most unprofessional doctor I've ever seen. If you schedule an appointment, expect them to call and re-schedule. They re-scheduled on me 3 times, waiting to inform me 30 minutes before my appointment. Once I finally had a surgery scheduled, he didn't show up! Most incompetent doctor there is.

Unprofessional

This doctor is unreliable and unpredictable.