Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Spencer Melby
Dr. Spencer Melby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with other offices in Birmingham, AL and Saint Louis, MO (and 1 other location). His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Melby is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center, Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Uab Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Spencer Melby has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Transplantation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Melby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brookwood Medical Center
Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Dr. Spencer Melby accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Spencer Melby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.