Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Personality Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mood Disorders
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
This was honestly a horrible experience. I wanted to go in alone and my mother was fine with that. but this woman dragged my mother in and during our entire session, talked about me in front of her. I'm 19? She told my mother that she had the right to go to my therapist sessions too, which is where I talk about issues from home. It would be horrible if a patient wanted to talk about parental abuse and couldn't open up because their aggressor was in the room. She made a lot of assumptions about me and told my mother I was hiding something from her and this was all in like the first 10 minutes. I had three hospitalizations and one attempt, however she assumed I had three attempts even though I wrote that nowhere on the paper. Because of that assumption, told my mother that I WOULD attempt again. She then went on to say during this time I was "crying wolf" to get attention. Just so you know, she hasn't spoken a word to me yet despite the fact that I was the one there for a session. My mother mentioned that my father passed away 3 years ago and then she assumed that all my recent problems were because I hadn't grieved. I grieved just fine and I had these issues before my dad's death. I don't know she wanted to simplify my problems like I'm some Disney princess. She asked me maybe 4 yes or no questions through this entire session and the rest of the time was just her lecturing my mother. I'm honestly really furious and I hope no kid dealing with mental illness would have to deal with such an assumption, insensitive woman. Honestly, garbage.
21 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSreedevi Vayalapalli Mdpc, 950 Scales Rd Ste 302, Suwanee, GA
Dr. Sreedevi Vayalapalli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Suwanee, GA.