Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam has the following 4 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
This doc. Clearly did not understand a spinal cord injury. Yelled at me telling me that I knew about the abses on my bottom way before and did nothing about it. I have a spinal cord injury T9 no feeling from the waist down. I have no pain from the waist down. I didn't know I had the abses till it came to the surface. Even after explaining this to her she still insisted I knew and did nothing. She also yelled at me for having a bowel movement in bed. Again I have no feeling from the waist down. I don't know when I need to go and have no control of that.
Dr. Kanagalingam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMarietta Memorial Hospital, 401 Matthew St, Marietta, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam in this video.
Dr. Sri R Kanagalingam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, OH.