Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Srinivas B Baliga has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Srinivas B Baliga has the following 6 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Srinivas B Baliga has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Besides Dr. Gupta, Dr. Baliga is THE BEST doctor in the office. He's been a part of my family for 14 years. When he's in the room with your child, he makes you feel that everything about your child is important to him. He's very patient and shows great concern about your child. I remember when my oldest was a newborn and he seeing my child for the 1st time. He spoke to my baby as if my baby understood what he was saying. I love Dr. Baliga as my sons' doctor, and wouldn't change! :-)
I have taken my kids to see Dr. Baliga since my youngest was born and he's now 15. Dr. Baliga takes the time to listen to parent and child and really tried to get to the root of the problem. He's not the kind of doctor to talk to you for 3 minutes and send you off with meds. He's very kind and very thorough. You can tell he genuinely cares for his patients and enjoys what he is doing, just a great doctor!!
I have been taking my children to see Dr. Baliga since my oldest was born.(she is now 10) I have found him to be very calming and caring. He ALWAYS takes time to hear what I have to say. He is friendly and non-threatning with my girls. He is very thorough. I would recommend him to anyone. Even my 2yr old loves him!
Dr. Baliga has been our kids doctor since birth. Ages 7 & 9. Very soft spoken and puts the kids at ease. The practice has great working staff and hours.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Srinivas B Baliga accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Srinivas B Baliga is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.