- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey MD
Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey - Posted on March 4th, 2019
Dr. McKelvey is fantastic!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey - Posted on February 24th, 2019
I have been treated by Dr. McKelvey for the past eight (8) months. At my very first visit, she carefully reviewed my medical history, patiently answered all my questions, adjusted my medication and scheduled appropriate diagnostic procedures. From my first encounter and continuing through all subsequent visits I have been very impressed with her knowledge, thoroughness and very pleasant demeanor. She is simply amazing. And the entire staff at the Barrington office is also very friendly and helpful as well. Under Dr. McKelvey’s excellent care my health condition has improved dramatically. I couldn’t be more happy and thankful to be treated by Dr. McKelvey.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey - Posted on February 21st, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey - Posted on July 26th, 2013
20 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsREGENCY MEDICAL CENTER, 200 Fox Glen Ct, Barrington, IL
Dr. Stacey L Mckelvey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barrington, IL.