Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stanley Alfred
Dr. Stanley Alfred, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. His specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Alfred is affiliated with St. John's Hospital & Health Center, John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus and Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stanley Alfred has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Stanley Alfred has the following 12 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Stanley Alfred has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stanley Alfred is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My family and I are all very pale-skinned with lots of moles, so we see Dr. Alfred about 1-2 times per year for skin cancer checks. The first time I saw him, he gave me a primer on skin cancer, which was very reassuring. He usually biopsies a few moles on each of us, which often come back dysplastic. Sometimes they need to be fully removed, so we get stitches. In the past, I've done horribly with stitches, but his barely produced a scar on me. He's also great about explaining things to his patients and he never pushes products or unnecessary dermatological procedures. Highly recommended.
Dr. Alfred is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John's Hospital & Health Center
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Stanley Alfred accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
Locations & DirectionsSanta Monica Dermatology Group, 2001 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Stanley Alfred is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.