Dr. Stanley Harper Is this you?

11 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.6

Billing and insurance

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

Dr Harper is a very nice man and I trusted him completely. His billing office...not so much. He performed bilateral breast reconstruction after mastectomies due to Cancer. His billing office obtained authorization from my insurance to perform the initial surgery at Riverview hospital. Because Riverview was in my network, he was covered. For the final surgery he scheduled me at the physician owned multi-specialty hospital in Carmel. I agreed to this as long as my insurance covered it. I was assured that they did. Well, they did not. No problem, the billing office told me as the multi-specialty hospital would accept whatever insurance paid. And they did. What they didn't tell me was that Dr Harper's fees would not be covered unless the surgery was provided at an in network facility (like Riverview). As a result, I received a $8K bill that would have been covered 100% otherwise. They would not acknowledge their mistake. Threatened bill collector if not paid. So I make monthly payments to him, to avoid collections. They should have been upfront with me about the insurance issue. They assured me it was authorized.

Posted on October 13th, 2016