Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman
Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, AZ, with another office in Sun City West, AZ. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Zimmerman is affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center, Maryvale Hospital and Banner Del E Webb Medical Center. Dr. Zimmerman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman has the following 7 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Zimmerman is fine, however, his office staff particularly one individual is rude, flippant, and has no empathy. She started yelling because I was standing in the wrong spot to talk to her even though the nurse told me to go to the counter. I did not see the sign that said stand here. I was a new patient and very nervous about seeing a new doctor. The next time I was 10 minutes late because I got lost and was informed my appointment was cancelled. I asked the counter person to check and see if I could still be seen. 20 minutes later, I was really late then, she informed me the doctor would not see me. I was not surprised it would appear to him that I was over 20 minutes late. As a result of this, I am changing doctors and telling people of my unfortunate experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Zimmerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1971
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stanley J Zimmerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, AZ.