Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stanley Kawanishi
Dr. Stanley Kawanishi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA, with other offices in La Palma, CA and Long Beach, CA (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Kawanishi is affiliated with St. Mary Medical Center, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and Anaheim Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stanley Kawanishi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Stanley Kawanishi has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Stanley Kawanishi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Kawanishi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary Medical Center
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Community Hospital of Long Beach
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Greater El Monte Community Hospital
Monterey Park Hospital
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, 2801 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA
Long Beach, CA 90806
2801 Atlantic Avenue
32 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Columbia
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stanley Kawanishi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.