Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stanley J Majcher has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stanley J Majcher has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 15
I am a bit confused on some of the other low ratings about this doctor. My experience with this doctor was completely different, and I had a wait of 5 minutes, in fact I was the only patient during my scheduled appointment. Dr Mijcher gave me an internal exam for a pre-op for spinal surgery. He was very sweet and attentive. Not only did he do testing for my pre-op surgery, he was also concerned about my general health, and gave advice for other health issues. My experience was a good one with this doctor, and I wish I could see him as my general doctor. I have been to younger doctors before, and prefer the older one's such as this doctor as they have more knowledge and experience, as he clearly does.
When i went to his office it was standing room only. I had to wait in my car and have them call my cell two and a half hours wait! Uses ridiculously repetitive questionnaires written by an illiterate person. (Which may be him I'm afraid). BIG ego! Uses an antique dictaphone. Seemed quite confused.His report commented on procedures I never had. Obviously mixed up patients. Failed to report on a test I had taken in his office! Again mixed up files.He suggested I discontinue taking an anti-inflamitory that 5 other younger doctors say I should take more of.This medication is the most expensive I take. Thus leading me to believe he favors the insurance company that pays him. He sees way too many people to realistically keep track of and he really should be retired by now.
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Stanley J Majcher accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stanley J Majcher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Covina, CA.