Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stanley P Watkins III
Dr. Stanley P Watkins III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery. Dr. Watkins is affiliated with Providence Alaska Medical Center. Dr. Watkins has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stanley P Watkins III has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Stanley P Watkins III has the following 10 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Diabetes Complications
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Varicose Veins
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Watkins and his team did angiogram through my husband's wrist to see inside his heart and his aorata valve, which is in bad shape. He is eligable for TravR valve and they gave us results that instead of open heart surgery, he would be good for this new procedure. This is good news for us, as instead of three to six months recovery, he would be back to normal in two to four weeks. The team at Providence Heart Center were there every step of the way, can't say Thank You, enough.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Watkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Stanley P Watkins III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Heart Institute Llc, 3841 Piper St Ste T100, Anchorage, AK
Dr. Stanley P Watkins III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.