Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stanley R Skolnick has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Stanley R Skolnick has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Stanley R Skolnick has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
My husband, Robert Lavigne, had a physical exam by Dr. Skolnick on December 29, 2016 and chest xray for coughing, diagnosed as acid reflex. On January 11, 2017 (14 days later) he was diagnosed with cancer at our doctor in Florida. He died on September 4, 2017. He called Dr. Skolnick's office many times and he was told he had to come in for a conference, he was unable to because he was in Florida. Again he called Dr. Skolnick's office many more times and asked that the results of the physical exam be sent to him. The receptionist said they would be sent out. They were never sent out. He called again, the receptionist was very argumentative and unpleasant on the phone. Then after Robert died, I was told I had no right to the results of his physical exam, even though I was his husband. The receptionist had no sympathy at my tremendous loss. I asked that Dr. Skolnick call me, and I never heard from him. This is certainly a tragic way to treat a patient of many years. Jack English
Myself as well as my entire family have been with Dr. Skolnick since 1978. He has always been great to us, treated us with care and recommend him to everyone we know!! Thank you Dr. Skolnick for helping in keeping us healthy and happy!! The only thing that needs to be fixed is the billing dept, needs to be revamped.
The old woman who answers his phones and greats patients is extremely nasty, cold and mean spirited. In terms of Dr. Skolnick, I would not recommend him. First off, if he sends you for blood work, you are forced to come back to the office and pay for him to give you the results.(Even when nothing was wrong with you) This happened to me on three separate occasions. Other physicians in Darien will call you on the phone with the blood work results and not charge you if you have to come in to the office. Finally, Dr. Skolnick pressured me multiple times to have a physical and prostate exam. On those occasions, I always said "OK" letâs do it right now. His answer was No; you have to make a special appointment for a Physical. (In other words pay him for another office visit) This is absolutely ridiculous! Other physicians in Darien do not make you come back and pay again to have a physical.
49 Years Experience
Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg
Graduated in 1969
Yale New Haven Hospital
Dr. Stanley R Skolnick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDarien Pediatrics, 106 Noroton Ave Ste 3, Darien, CT
Dr. Stanley R Skolnick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Darien, CT.