- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stanley H Stein MD
Dr. Stanley H Stein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Stanley H Stein has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stanley H Stein has the following 14 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Stanley H. Stein, Gastroenterology
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stanley H Stein - Posted on November 29th, 2018
I have been a patient of Dr. Stein's for close to 30 years. He helped me through IBS, GERD, Gall Bladder Disease, and testing for possible Ulcerative Colitis. He has also treated my ex-husband and children (all adults now). When presented with symptoms, he has always listened and taken them seriously. Any questions I've ever had were answered promptly. He has been there for us, and I would highly recommend him for his expertise.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stanley H Stein - Posted on July 30th, 2018
he's a horrible uncaring person - dont go see him!!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stanley H Stein - Posted on June 29th, 2018
He didn't get any information from me before coming in and asking me why I was there - "after 15 drs do you think I an your knight in shining armor?" "I can't help you" etc. 15 Dr?? I never said that!!!! he didn't care to ask questions to get the facts straight - just sent me away after reprimanding me. I came for help with pain, and he didn't care. Heartless!!!! And if he'd done that to me that quick, wonder how many others he has done that to?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stanley H Stein - Posted on March 26th, 2018
Best doctor and office! I had been to a different gastro, and my visits there were not good. The staff at that doctor’s were rude and the doctor gave me very little time. He was not concerned about me or my problem. Dr Stein and his staff are concerned and friendly. Checking in and checking out is easy. The front desk staff is very personable. Dr Stein personally calls his patients back. I have nothing negative to say about this office. I highly recommend Dr Stein for all gastro problems and routine colonoscopies.
Very thorough and excelent staff!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stanley H Stein - Posted on March 20th, 2018
42 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Stanley H Stein Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Stanley H Stein
Dr. Stein established his private practice in the Fort Bend County area of Texas in 1983, where he has continued to provide the highest level of quality medical care, with an emphasis on the importance of communication and personal attention to patient concerns and questions.
Locations & DirectionsFORT BEND GASTROENTEROLOGY, 17510 W Grand Pkwy S Ste 350, Sugar Land, TX
Dr. Stanley H Stein is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.