3.6

Have you seen Dr. Stanley H Stein?

Simply put, the most unprofessional and disrespectful physician I have ever encountered. I wouldn’t refer my worst enemy to this “doctor” let alone family members or friends.

he's a horrible uncaring person - dont go see him!!!!

He didn't get any information from me before coming in and asking me why I was there - "after 15 drs do you think I an your knight in shining armor?" "I can't help you" etc. 15 Dr?? I never said that!!!! he didn't care to ask questions to get the facts straight - just sent me away after reprimanding me. I came for help with pain, and he didn't care. Heartless!!!! And if he'd done that to me that quick, wonder how many others he has done that to?

Best doctor and office! I had been to a different gastro, and my visits there were not good. The staff at that doctor’s were rude and the doctor gave me very little time. He was not concerned about me or my problem. Dr Stein and his staff are concerned and friendly. Checking in and checking out is easy. The front desk staff is very personable. Dr Stein personally calls his patients back. I have nothing negative to say about this office. I highly recommend Dr Stein for all gastro problems and routine colonoscopies.

Very thorough and excelent staff!

From the time I called to make my appointment to the time I checked out the day of my appointment, I was treated with courtesy and in a very professional manner. Dr Stein and his medical assistant answered all of my questions and I did not feel rushed during the process.

Poor performance in colonoscopy procedure.

Dr. Stein performed a colonoscopy for me and found no polyps. I had a second colonoscopy three months later by another doctor who removed three polyps.

Missed polyps on colonoscopy

Stein performed a colonoscopy for me and found no polyps. Three months later another Dr. performed the same, and removed two polyps for biopsy. I would not recommend this Dr. for an accurate colonoscopy .

Dr. Stein performed my colonoscopy, and telephoned me himself with the results the very next day. His level of care and competence is extraordinary, and I feel that I am in the best of care. Thank you Dr. Stein.

Great Doctor!

I started going to Dr. Stein 30 years ago. He is direct and to the point and this may rub some people the wrong way. He is NOT rude. He is a fantastic doctor and treated me this long with no mistakes or problems.

I have been a patient since 2008 and he is the most thorough doctor. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Best doctor in emergency life threatening situation - direct, no- nonsense

My dad arrived at Methodist Sugar Land with extreme anemia. Immediately, Dr. Stein performed endoscopy, 11:00 pm, then his colonoscopy next night 9:00 pm. Dr. Stein immediately referred my dad to Dr. Mahmood for surgery to remove malignant tumor in colon. Thanks to Dr. Stein's competent and expeditious treatment, as well as making sure he had the best doctors, like Dr. Stein - my dad is healthy, has regained strength - and cancer free.

Dr. Stein is a little dry with his demeanor but he's very intelligent and just straight forward. In my opinion, he's just a really smart guy and I think he's in that 1% of the really smart people that have a no nonsense appearance. A good guy though. Smart is good, right?

I highly recommend Dr. Stein. I was 16 weeks pregnant and was experiencing significant issues with GERD, nausea, vomiting, dehydration, weight loss, and other GI symptoms. I called Dr. Stein's office to schedule an appointment. Dr. Stein was in a medical seminar that day, but as soon as I explained my symptoms, the office notified Dr. Stein, and he rushed out of his seminar so he could see me the same day. He sat down with me to fully understand the history of my pregnancy and the symptoms I was experiencing. After his examination, he sat down with me again to fully and clearly explain his findings, concerns, and recommendations. He attempted on several occasions during my visit to conference in my obstetrician so they could coordinate a care plan for me. Unfortunately, my OB and her office was not nearly as responsive as Dr. Stein. Dr. Stein was able to provide me with practical and useful advice that has helped me tremendously. Just one week after seeing him, I am gaining weight again, and my nausea, vomiting and GI issues have improved significantly. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stein and his entire staff. They were caring, thoughtful, experienced, and knowledgeable. I have yet to find a doctor's office that is run more efficiently and professionally than this one.

Dr. Stanley H Stein is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.