Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stefan Dosa
Dr. Stefan Dosa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Dosa is affiliated with Medstar Washington Hospital Center, Washington Adventist Hospital and George Wash University. He speaks English.
Dr. Stefan Dosa has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Stefan Dosa has the following 4 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Lupus Nephritis
Dr. Stefan Dosa has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stefan Dosa is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I was under the care of Dr. Dosa for nearly 20 years and I can honestly say he's one of the best doctors that I've ever had and I've had many doctors in the last 23 years. Most cadaver kidney transplant recepients don't keep their kidneys as long as I have (at least statistically speaking) and I can only say that due to the excellent quality of care and a most caring bedside manner that I've kept mine for nearly 24 years. Dr. Dosa is retired now and I miss him terribly, however, I continue to receive quality care from the Nephrology Assoc. of Washington. Best of luck and warm wishes for a happy retirement. You were an important part of my life and I will miss you. Love to you Dr. Dosa...thank you for taking such wonderful care of me for all those years.Sincerely,Melody Wright
Dr. Dosa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medstar Washington Hospital Center
Washington Adventist Hospital
George Wash University
46 Years Experience
Masarykova Univerzita V Brno
Graduated in 1967
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions730 24th St NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stefan Dosa in this video.
Dr. Stefan Dosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.