Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stefen M Ammon
Dr. Stefen M Ammon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Ammon is affiliated with Parker Adventist Hospital and Littleton Adventist Hospital. Dr. Ammon has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stefen M Ammon has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Stefen M Ammon has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Stefen M Ammon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stefen M Ammon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Ammon recently treated me at the new hospital in Castle Rock for an Atrial Flutter. My husband was not able to come with me because we did not want to bring the kids to the ER on a Monday night and we live extremely close so I drove myself there. Dr. Ammon and his staff made me feel secure, cared for, and respected. Dr. Ammon even held my hand when they were administering a medication to slow down my heart; him holding my hand made me feel less anxious. This act was not something I expected from an ER Dr. His bedside manner was impeccable and my nurse Jeannette was amazing.
Son was in a rollover car accident. Dr. Ammon was his ER physician, thank goodness. He was extremely caring and attentive to both our son and us, his parents. More importantly, Dr. Ammon was thorough in assessing our son's condition. It is not hyperbole to state that we feel he stands above other doctors.
Dr. Ammon CLEARLY was over-ordering tests. We went for an easy diagnosis, and he turned it into radiology overkill. I know they like to practice defensive medicine, but come on. Who do you think is going to pay for that?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ammon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Stefen M Ammon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsPorter Adventist Hospital, 2525 S Downing St, Denver, CO
Dr. Stefen M Ammon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.