Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephan M Levitt
Dr. Stephan M Levitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL, with another office in Bradenton, FL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Levitt is affiliated with Nch Baker Hospital Downtown. Dr. Levitt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephan M Levitt has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Stephan M Levitt has the following 11 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Stephan M Levitt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephan M Levitt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
When I had a different insurance coverage, I had two other dermatologists and after they froze my sun spots, I asked them about a skin tag. Both doctors removed the skin tags as part of the treatment. In other words, no addition charge. But, not Dr. Levitt, he told me it is considered surgery and would have to run it through my insurance. Bottom line, I still have the skin tag. I would change in a heart beat but, my insurance does not offer an alternative.
I developed guttate psoriasis and as soon as I realized something was wrong, I found Dr. Levitt. He recognized it right away, proscribed two ointments and within a short time, it was gone. He was kind, professional, and reassuring. I always recommend him to anyone who needs skin care. He instills confidence in caring for one's self.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Levitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Stephan M Levitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephan M Levitt in this video.
Dr. Stephan M Levitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.