Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephan Mayer
Dr. Stephan Mayer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY (and 1 other location). He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Mayer is affiliated with New York Presbyterian / Westchester, NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell and New York Harbor Healthcare System. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephan Mayer has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Stephan Mayer has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Myasthenia Gravis
Dr. Stephan Mayer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephan Mayer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Mayer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Harbor Healthcare System
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1988
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephan Mayer in this video.
Dr. Stephan Mayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.