Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Stephan C Sharp
Dr. Stephan C Sharp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Nashville, TN. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharp is affiliated with Nashville General Hospital At Meharry and Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Dr. Sharp has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephan C Sharp has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephan C Sharp has the following 21 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Reproductive Medicine
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Geriatric Medicine
- Nutrition Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Women's Health
- Addison Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Gland Issues
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Showing 3 of 7
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sharp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.