Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephanie C Bird has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
If I could have left 0 stars, I would have done that. I'm sure Dr. Bird is great if you go to her with routine OB issues like antenatal care. However, throw in a difficult to treat gynecoligical issue like endometriosis, and you'll see the incompetence coming through. Her advice to me was to drop out of graduate school and get pregnant in order to be relieved of endometriosis. How can anyone prescribe pregnancy for a disease? first of all, pregnancy as a "cure" to endometriosis is a huge *myth* as the disease has been documented in women who have had biological children. Secondly, it is utterly inappropriate to prescribe pregnancy as a treatment to a woman. If I had followed her advice (by some miracle if I was able to get pregnant given how much disease I had), I probably would have child protective services after me because I was in so much pain and my body had so much disease that I needed to go to NYC to be operated on by a doctor who specializes only in endometriosis that resulted in a 7 hour surgery. The brigham and Dr. Bird really needs to get real about women's health by understanding taht women's health is more than just pregnancy.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Stephanie C Bird accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsThe Edwards Fish Center for Womens Health, 850 Boylston St Ste 402, Chestnut Hill, MA
Dr. Stephanie C Bird is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.