Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephanie L Pothoven has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Bladder Issues
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
Showing 5 of 9
I had a no scalpel vasectomy appointment scheduled with a Dr. Stepanie Pothoven. When I first met Pothoven she spent 10 mintues trying to convince me and my Girlfriend that I'm too young and will regret my decision later. When in the surgery i felt this harsh tugging around my nuts. Hours after the vasectomy I started to get serve swelling of my gentails, around the bottom of my butt, and inner thigh. I had to to to the emergency later that day. I have had to miss college and extra days of work after the surgery. When I tryed to speak to her on the phone, she was to busy to speak on the phone about this. I was only able to speak to other nurses other than her. And got told she said that she could only fit me in her schedule in that same day as long as I went in for an exam. I asked for five mintues on the phone with Pothoven, and instead I get hung up on by one the nurses there.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Pothoven is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Stephanie L Pothoven accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Iowa Clinic PC, 5950 University Ave Ste 341, West Des Moines, IA
Dr. Stephanie L Pothoven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Des Moines, IA.