Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephanie Fish
Dr. Stephanie Fish, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY (and 1 other location). She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fish is affiliated with Memorial Sloan-Kettering and Hospital of the University of PA. She speaks English.
Dr. Stephanie Fish has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Nodule
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
After having a thyroidectomy from cancer Dr. Fish was recommended by the surgeon. After 6 months of treatment I have felt awful. Each time I present to her my symptoms I get "I dont know how to address it" I myself am telling HER how to treat me. Demanding specific blood work, and coming up with options. Even something as simple as considering another brand of medication that is better absorbed I had to tell her. Its hard enough going through cancer and it feels terrible when my doctor wont listen. My recommendation is to find another doctor who is more comprehensive and is not shy about looking at dessicated options for treatment.
Dr. Fish is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hospital of the University of PA
16 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Stephanie Fish accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephanie Fish in this video.
Dr. Stephanie Fish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.