Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephanie M Maves has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Stephanie M Maves has the following 10 expertise
- Palliative Care
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Stephanie M Maves has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Stephanie M Maves is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 9
I have been through many of the Womens Health Doctors at Mayo without finding one SHINING STAR, and finally decided I would find a GP instead. Dr Maves was recommended and was seeing new patients...so I chose her. Her prep-nurse was awesome and answered a lot of questions for me. She came in and seemed scattered and in very much of a hurry. I believe I am quite healthy...eat right, exercise, maintain my weight, etc...I have been having "heart flutters" and a really sore shoulder. I was told..."this is a physical, so if you need those things attended to....it's a whole different billing". She looked in my ears, nose, mouth, felt my thyroid, did a breast exam (I had a mammogram 2.5 weeks earlier),a pap, offered to write 2 prescriptions without even being asked (and neither of which I needed) and said goodbye. 16 minutes of our lives. Not impressed.
Dr Maves was extremely condescending and dismissive of my issues-- to the point where she greeted a patient with hand pain with a vise-like handshake. She was quite brusque and rude, and very rough with me physically. I was not even past the reception desk on the way out before requesting to transfer doctors. I expected better from a Mayo doctor; this is the first time in my life a doctor has ever made me feel more afraid than I was before seeing them. I don't recommend seeing Dr Maves unless you're both tough as nails, and like being talked down to and ignored.
If you get this doctor, run the other way. She doesn't care about you, shows no compassion and is judgemental. She should not be a doctor.
Dr. Maves is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Stephanie M Maves accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEdward Gerard Rydell Do, 191 Theater Rd, Onalaska, WI
Dr. Stephanie M Maves is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Onalaska, WI.