Dr. Stephanie Mitsos Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Stephanie Mitsos?

A Keeper

Posted on January 26th, 2017

She closed her office in Byram and joined the Meridial Medical Group. Although we still live up north, we chose to stay with her as our Primary.

Posted on March 21st, 2016

Great doctor! Caring and thorough

rude

Posted on April 28th, 2015

VERY rude...all she cared about was getting Payment..very prejudiced as well against me for being a minority!

Excellent Doc

Posted on April 3rd, 2015

Dr. Mitsos is an excellent doctor who currently cares for three generations of my family. Often times my strict work schedule does not allow me to make it to the Stanhope office during regular hours, but the doctor has opened her doors during lunch/after closing to see me. Would never see anyone else!

Knowledgeable and helpful

Posted on March 25th, 2013

I take an active interest in my health, and I truly appreciate that she provides options. I am very against doctors prescribing antibiotics for every little thing. She asks me if I want antibiotics because I know that viral infections don't respond, and I know that doctors can't tell from seeing the patient. However, patients should be aware of their bodies, and may be able to have a feeling about it one way or another. ALL GP's refer to specialists, and the ones she have sent me to are the absolute best and they get me in quickly, which tells me other excellent doctors respect her. Doctors are not magicians or mind readers, and I'm surprised that there are still people out there that don't understand the difference between viral and bacterial infections.

Patient of many years

Posted on September 9th, 2012

I've been to other doctors before and waited an hour and forty five minutes after my scheduled appointment time before seeing the doctor. Dr. Mitsos never keeps me waiting. Our meetings don't necessarily include a whole inquiry on my kids, work ect. And why should it? I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a doctor who does not over book appointments. Dr. Mitsos is a professional. I like that she doesn't just prescribe me a medicine, but tells me about each and asks which I would prefer. She is a caring, responsible woman, who I know from a personal situation, has SAVED a humans life. Which certain people should take into consideration is that maybe their cold and flu doesn't require that much attention, compared to the other 100 patients she may have with more serious illnesses. I know from a personal life threatening situation Dr. Mitsos is a doctor you can trust. She wakes up each morning, and dedicates her life to helping other people.

Great doc that listens to her patients

Posted on June 4th, 2012

I like to be pretty educated about what is going on with my medical condition. She never "talks down" to me or over explains. She gives me options, knowing I want to make my own decisions. Most recently I had what I figured to be pneumonia. Hospitals are the LAST place I want to be with a compromised immune system, so she got me into a place for an X-Ray and CAT scan within a few hours. I appreciate that she asks me what kind of treatment I think would be appropriate because I'll research it and have an opinion.

Too expedited/Uncaring

Posted on June 17th, 2011

I always feel rushed when seeing the doctor. Everytime i ask a question, she seems to blow me off like I shouldn't even be wasting her time. She sometimes follows up after the appointment to let me know test results. But i rarely get the sense that she cares about my well-being. She does the bare minimum of diagnosing, and is usually quick (in my opinion) to refer to a specialist.

Doesn't Care About Patients

Posted on April 1st, 2011

I am leaving this practice. Dr. Mitsos has done nothing for me. She rarely diagnoses ANYTHING. She just refers me to a specialist FOR EVERYTHING. Once I visited her for cold/flu-like symptoms. SHE ASKED ME if I thought i needed an antibiotic!!! I said "How would I know? You're the doctor!"

Rude

Posted on March 28th, 2011

Makes it clear she has no time for people and does the bare minimal to be a compassionate person let alone a doctor.

Posted on January 29th, 2017