Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephanie A Nonas
Dr. Stephanie A Nonas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Nonas is affiliated with Providence Newberg Hospital, Adventist Medical Center and Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Stephanie A Nonas has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Critical Care
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Nonas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Stephanie A Nonas accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Hospitals And Clinics, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR
Dr. Stephanie A Nonas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.