More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephanie Shults
Dr. Stephanie Shults, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with other offices in Knoxville, TN and Powell, TN . She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Shults is affiliated with University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital, East Tennessee Children's Hospital and Methodist Med Center Of Oak Ridge. She speaks English.
Dr. Stephanie Shults has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I work in a pediatric hospital and see a ton of doctors in practice. I chose Dr. Shults for my son because she is the BEST! Her Nurse Practitioners and staff are amazing as well. She listens, explains everything, is patient, and has a wonderful bedside manner. I had to call her emergency number at 2 am once and she answered the phone herself, addressed my concerns and followed up with me at 3 am to make sure he was doing ok! Amazing doctor.
Dr. Shults is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
East Tennessee Children's Hospital
Methodist Med Center Of Oak Ridge
University Of Tennessee Hospital
22 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Stephanie Shults accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephanie Shults is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.