Have you seen Dr. Stephen A Hightower?

Very rude receptionist

I had been referred to Dr. Hightower by my primary care physician. First, no one mailed or emailed me the materials that I would have to fill out prior to the appointment. Then, when I arrived at the appointment, there were over 20 people in the waiting room, so I could not find a seat. I went to the counter to sign in, and I asked the female at the counter (whose name was Ashley), if she had any idea how long it would take before I could be seen by the doctor. She never looked at me once when I spoke to her, and merely answered "no," in a very dismissive manner. I then asked her if she could even give me a rough estimate, and she again ignored my gaze, and merely said "no," all the while shuffling some paperwork she had before her. Throughout our discussion, she had that look on her face many of us have seen before, i.e. that "I'm busy now and have no time for you" look. Her rudeness, along with the fact that this doctor obviously overbooks his appointments with little concern about his patient's time, contributed to my decision that I would rather find another doctor - one who's staff is polite, and one who values his/her patient's time.

He was very patient and was very accomodating. His staff is also very friendly. I found the right place for me!

Dr Hightower is a caring physician. He accurately diagnosed my kidney cancer and performed laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery to remove my kidney. I am now free of cancer and am thankful to have been referred to such an amazing surgeon.

Good Doctor, Terrible Office Staff

Dr Hightower is a good doctor trapped in a bad office with a horrible staff. Dr Hightower does his best to run from room to room to attend to the patients, but he doesn't spend a lot of time with you and you will feel rushed as he glances at your file, asks you a few questions and then prescribes you something to try for a couple weeks (that's your cue to go see the receptionist up front on your way out). The appointments are overbooked, the staff is uncaring, unwilling to take responsibility for their mistakes, and simply don't care who you are or what you're there for. Checking in for your appointment? Sorry, they have to update their Facebook status first (true story). Have a question about a procedure? Don't ask because you will simply be berated for calling and disrupted their day and not finding the answer on your own. Be prepared to wait. And have your questions ready for the doctor. He will go fast.

I have been to multiple urologists for my urological condition without improvement. Dr Hightower accurately diagnosed and treated me. He is a Top Notch M.D.

Dr. Stephen A Hightower is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Alamitos, CA.

Dr. Stephen A Hightower Is this you?