Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Stephen E Abram has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Stephen E Abram has the following 2 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
Stephen E Abram is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 7
Dr. Abram was a sweetheart when i treated with him except i was left in pain. Treatment provided was minimal (since laws changed) and I was in pain for almost 2 years. The staff was rude to me because I was in pain.. Made no sense as a pain clinic. I think his hands were tied. My biggest beef was he did not run any tests, ie MRI, scans and I had a problem ongoing w/ a leg. I was/am bedridden for almost 2 years now. I just want to say he is just charming though so I feel bad I did not get proper treatment.
Dr. Abram is the head of the Pain Management Clinic at the Medical College of Wisconsin and affiliated Froedtert Lutheran Hospital. Although I have been seen by numerous residents over the past five years of treatment for a rare neurological disorder, Dr. Abram has always taken special interest in and overseen my case. I really appreciate not only his knowledge base, but his ongoing study of the field. He often attends conferences around the country and consults with colleagues about the newest treatments and research which has directly benefited me. In fact, I owe the largely normal life that I live right now to Dr. Abram and his treatment of my condition.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPlank Road Clinic, 1155 N Mayfair Rd, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Stephen E Abram - Anesthesiology in Milwaukee, WI, in this video.
Stephen E Abram is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.