Dr. Stephen M Adjei Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Stephen M Adjei?

Excellent Doctor

Recently, I experienced a medical health emergency. After I was stabilized and taken to the intensive care unit, Dr. Adjei entered my room with his critical care nurse, Eric. At that time, I was experiencing anxiety and I was feeling pretty overwhelmed. Little did I know, all my fears were about to be allayed. What was most shocking to me was that Dr. Adjei asked questions and he actually listened. After our discussion, he explained his treatment plan from beginning to end. He went on to explain why he chose this route and where we would end up when it was all over. Dr. Adjei visited with me throughout my hospital stay and when he was unable to come, he sent his critical care nurse to see me--even after I left the intensive care unit. Once I was discharged, I had to follow up with Dr. Adjei at his office. Well, because he is such a great doctor, he did not have any available appointments until a month later. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do because I was supposed to see him within 5 days of discharge. When I called his office, his nurse, Geralyn, made sure I got an appointment. Dr. Adjei saw me on a Saturday. That’s right—ON A SATURDAY!! I SAW MY DOCTOR ON A SATURDAY!!! Of course, I thought it was a joke, but it was real. I saw Dr. Adjei, he examined me and we discussed our treatment plan for more than 30 minutes. Doctors don’t do this! But, Dr. Adjei does!! I told him that I was concerned and becoming depressed and he counseled me in such a way that I could only leave his office feeling safe and sound. Please don’t misunderstand, I am not trying to paint Dr. Adjei as a miracle worker, but he—along with the healthcare professionals at Ochsner Medical---saved my life! Dr. Adjei is compassionate, honest and thorough. He is able to look at all the puzzle pieces and figure out how they all fit together. He is caring and professional. He cuts to the heart of the matter and he is tough when he needs to be. When I was ready to sit and cry, he explained—in only Dr. Adjei’s way, that I was still alive with lots of work ahead of me. Please know that I am not easily impressed. I have had doctors who don’t listen and who make you feel like they don’t care. For me, the days of paying for subpar medical care are over. I’m not going to give money to someone who isn’t invested in my well being. Doctors like Dr. Adjei make you realize that there are still amazing health care professionals out there. Just sitting in his waiting room, you hear stories about Dr. Adjei writing letters to insurance companies and advocating for his patients with the Social Security office. In 2015, who does that? Dr. Adjei does. So, if you want a doctor who will work with you, stand beside you and advocate for you, Dr. Adjei is the right doctor for you.

His bedside manner is atrocious! Made 86yr old cry! Just horrible!

Worst bedside manner I have ever witnessed. He treated a family member in ICU & became very irritated when some family members was asking questions in regards to his illness. He was very rude.