Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen P Ashwal MD
Dr. Stephen P Ashwal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Bernardino, CA, with another office in San Bernardino, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Ashwal is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen P Ashwal has 2 locations
2195 Club Center Dr Ste A
San Bernardino, CA 92408
250 E Caroline St Ste J
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen P Ashwal has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Stephen P Ashwal has the following 25 expertise
- Brain Hypoxia
- Mental Retardation
- Brain Ischemia
- Brain Cancer
- Seizure Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
- Heart Transplantation
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Central Nervous System Diseases (CNS Diseases)
- Developmental Disorders
- Brain Hypoxia-Ischemia
- Brain Edema
- Brain Disorder
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Brain Injuries
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ashwal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Stephen P Ashwal Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen P Ashwal, MD - Pediatrics in San Bernardino, CA, in this video.
Dr. Stephen P Ashwal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Bernardino, CA.