Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen L Avram has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen L Avram has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Stephen L Avram has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Be advised of this man and His nurse, they are not there to fufill the needs of the patient.. they are there to make $$$ off of your insurance and the government whom they serve.. not you! They do not return phone calls, they are woefully careless of all those who fall into their clutches! The nurse who services Him is a frightening case indeed!
A doctors is only as good as his staff. Call in for refill, no return call notifying if filled rx or not. Waited 3 days to get refill, then had to go to office , never taken care of by nurse. No communication by staff. never call with test results. Must call numerous times to get phone answered. Always too busy to work in but no patients in office and no cars in parking lot. ?????
My 5 yr. old son and i went in with both of us having over 102 degree fevers. we were the only 2 in the waiting room and the receptionist told us, and i quote, "he doesn't see children and we don't have time for you!" Excuse me? I pay $986 a month for Blue Cross and Blue shield and your gonna turn me down!! That is bull!! This is a small town with 1 express care, a pediatrician, and an emergency room. The peditrician is closed for some unknown reason today, so i guess my son and i have to go to the ER to get some medical attention. He might be a great doctor but the youll never know because the front desk women us so incredibly rude. By the way front desk women i called 5 different times between 8 and 2 to make an appointment, but i guess updating your facebook profile is more important than answering the phone!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Forest Park Hospital
Dr. Stephen L Avram accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsStephen L Avram Md, 2040 2nd Ave E Ste A, Oneonta, AL
Dr. Stephen L Avram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oneonta, AL.