Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen M Ayres has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Stephen M Ayres has the following 14 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
Dr. Stephen M Ayres is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
I requested a high risk Dr when calling his office. I am 44. From the very start he was against this pregnancy because of my age. First bloodwork should low end of normal for progesterone. "he's not worried" per nurse. 5 days later I request more labs. Progesterone didn't rise, so he puts me on 100mg oral prometrium. 5 days later I go back for ultrasound and I request bloodwork. The ultrasound showed a gestational sac and a ys yet he's still convinced I will miscarry and writes me a script for rogam for when it happens. I planned on switching Drs when this blood work came back. 3 days later nurse calls to say progesterone drops and he wants me to stop the prometrium so I can miscarry. I stopped that day , but the next day I had a gut feeling he's wrong. I went back on my prometrium and made an appt with a new Dr. New Dr does an ultrasound and we see an embryo. She puts me on 200mg vaginally. So because Dr ayers was Extremely negative from day one with my pregnancy because of my age, I wasted 2 weeks of being on the correct dose and correct method of prometrium. Whether this remains viable or not, Dr Ayers did not do right by me. I specifically requested a high risk Dr. His bedside manners are horrible as well dealing with a high risk pregnancy
Excellent doctor. I have been treated by several other OB/Gyn's in the Atlanta area, and Dr. Ayres is by far the best! I refer all my friends to his practice.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Stephen M Ayres accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAtlanta Womens Health Group, 5780 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 320, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen M Ayres in this video.
Dr. Stephen M Ayres is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.