Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Lewis
Dr. Stephen Lewis, MD, PHD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL. His specialties include Neurological Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Shands at Lake Shore and Shands at Starke. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Lewis has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Critical Care
- Neurosurgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 31
have been waiting a MONTH for this doctor to write up his office notes so I have them for my other doctors. He went out of town after my appointment for a week but I don't think he's being responsible in not providing ANYTHING for follow-up. My other doctors look at me funny when I explain what the doctor told me about my condition.I don't feel like I was taken seriously AT ALL.
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Shands at Lake Shore
Shands at Starke
Shands at Live Oak
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Lake City
Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida
Shands at UF
Shands at The University of FL
- University Of Western Australia
Locations & Directions1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen Lewis in this video.
Dr. Stephen Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.