The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen D Bovenkerk has the following 2 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
Dr. Stephen D Bovenkerk has the following 7 expertise
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Immune System Disorders
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Hair Restoration
- Laser Resurfacing
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Stephen D Bovenkerk has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 6
My husband was having bleeding episodes in early 2013 in his throat and went to Dr Bovenkerk who scoped him and couldnt find the cause. The bleeding continued and I took him to another ENT about a month later who scoped him and immediately found the cancer in his throat. Very disappointed he didnt find it and we will never know if those 5 weeks inbetween ENT's would have made a difference.
Dr. Bovenkerk diagnosed and removed a cancerous tumor in less than 2 weeks time, providing all of the testing necessary to evaluate future procedures necessary. His staff was VERY helpful with getting the information necessary to take to other appointments. You will feel a genuine sense of concern for your well-being with this doctor and his staff. When I went to pick up records to carry to another physician, they were up and out of their chairs getting my husband's records, without me even having to tell them who I was or what I was there for. This is what I call personal attention and caring for their patients. You are definitely not just an insurance claim at this office.
15 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Stephen D Bovenkerk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLake Michigan Sinus & Sleep Apnea Center Pllc, 2680 S Cleveland Ave, Saint Joseph, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen D Bovenkerk, DO - Plastic Surgery in Saint Joseph, MI, in this video.
Dr. Stephen D Bovenkerk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Joseph, MI.