Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen A Bowser has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Failure
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chest Pain
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Ultrasound
Showing 5 of 7
I moved to Pittsburgh from another part of the state, and I asked my doctor, who went to Pitt Med, if he knew any cardiologists in the Pittsburgh area. He checked it out, and he said of several of his classmates who practice cardiology in the area, he would suggest Dr Bowser. He felt Dr Bowser was down to earth and serious and not cocky or condescending(I CANNOT handle a doctor who thinks he is God).He was right! Dr Bowser was thorough, looked me in the eye, and spent time answering my questions--not my experience with my previous cardiologists.
My mother is a patient of Dr. Bowser's, and that is because a classmate of Dr. Bowser's in med school is MY doctor, whom I trust implicitly. He admitted he didn't know Dr. Bowser too well but felt he would be a good fit for my mother.He described Dr. Bowser as low key and down to earth, and even-keeled from his recollection. Even though she is "high maintenance",he has always been patient with her and with me. Pretty rare for a busy specialist!
A friend of mine was in the same medical school classwith Dr Bowser, and when I asked him about Dr Bowser, whom I had seen in a list of providers on my insurance, my friend encouraged me to schedule with Dr Bowser. He desribed Dr Bowser as quiet but serious,down to earth,and sincere. My friend was right on the mark! He is not in and out like some drs are, and he remembers things about me as a person in addition to making sure I understand why he has handled my cardiac disease as he has. My friend would never have recommended Dr Bowser if he had felt I wouldn't get quality, caring treatment, and my friend did NOT do me wrong!I HIGHLY recommend him!
26 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Stephen A Bowser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentury Cardiac Care, 1290 Chess St, Monongahela, PA
Dr. Stephen A Bowser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monongahela, PA.