Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Brenneke
Dr. Stephen Brenneke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with another office in Clackamas, OR. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Brenneke is affiliated with Legacy Good Samaritan Hosp & Med Ctr, Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center and Good Samaritan Regional Medical Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Brenneke has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Stephen Brenneke has the following 4 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Stephen Brenneke is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Brenneke originally re-built my right shoulder in 2003. I had a ruptured bicep tendon. Once in the OR, he repaired a torn labrum, rotator cuff, and impingement. After 6 months of PT, I was better than new. In 2006, I had similar surgery on my left shoulder. Once again, he did a fantastic job and after 6 months of healing time and PT, it is also as good as new. This is now 2016 and both shoulders are perfect. I play golf, snow and water ski and the shoulders are never holding me back.
Dr. Brenneke spent a lot of time with me and listened to my concerns. He was very particular about getting good X-rays. . While he did a great job on my first surgery, he was honest about the second surgery. Most surgeons minimize possible side effects and I appreciated getting accurate information. I was grateful I decided against the second surgery.
He was very rude and makes you feel very inferior. Talks and discusses other patients appointments and his views on their results. Told me that his previous patient was Stupid. It was 45 minutes of him telling me how good he was and basically how inferior his patients are that have on the job injuries.
Dr. Brenneke did surgery on my shoulder when others just said they didn't know what to do - I didn't conform to their standard testing. He discovered an obvious problem when he got in there, fixed it, and after over a year, I feel much better.
Dr. Brenneke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Legacy Good Samaritan Hosp & Med Ctr
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Ctr
Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr
Providence Portland Medical Center
Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital
Providence Health System Oregon
Providence Medical Center
Southwest Washington Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen Brenneke in this video.
Dr. Stephen Brenneke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.