Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen L Brewer has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I went to doctor Brewer for constant UTI problems. I have been in and out of hospitals for 2 years for this.Dr Brewer did a bladder scope [which I had already had] and saw nothing. He the informed me my records indicated I hadn't had a CTscan with contrast so I had one and he said low and behold there was a blockage in my ureter tube so he scoped it and found absolutly nothing.This surgery has been an awful experience. I have been in constant pain since having and removing the stent he put in. He never once explained the surgery to me and told me to take aspirin for pain after stent removal. Had I not had pain meds I would have been at hospital for the pain I was in.
After consulting him years ago for unrelated questions, I was sufficiently impressed that I had no doubts about choosing him to perform my vasectomy. Even when I showed up for the surgery with some rather involved last-minute questions, he took time to fully discuss them and set my mind at ease, as I'd known he would. The procedure went smoothly and I'm confident it was done well.
38 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Riverside Methodist Hospital
Dr. Stephen L Brewer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen L Brewer in this video.
Dr. Stephen L Brewer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, KY.