The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen C Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.<br>The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Stephen C Anderson has the following 5 expertise
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
Dr. Stephen C Anderson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
- Univ Maryland
Dr. Stephen C Anderson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
More about Dr. Stephen C Anderson
Dr. Anderson is board certified in Radiology. He received his Doctorate of Medicine degree from the University of Maryland Medical School in Baltimore. He completed his internship and residency at the University of South Florida School of Medicine in Tampa, FL. He then completed a fellowship in the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. He has served as Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine teaching musculoskeletal MRI since 1989. Dr. Anderson provides All Florida Orthopaedic Associates with on-site radiological MRI interpretations. He is the team radiologist for the Tampa Bay Rays, Toronto Blue Jays, Philadelphia Phillies and NFL Europe. In addition, he has worked for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Baltimore Orioles and Boston Red Sox as a consultant.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen C Anderson, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Saint Petersburg, FL, in this video.
Dr. Stephen C Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.