Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Cook
Dr. Stephen Cook, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Cook is affiliated with Spectrum Health Butterworth Campus, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and UH Cleveland Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Cook has the following 4 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Stephen Cook has the following 6 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Stephen Cook is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Cook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Spectrum Health Butterworth Campus
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UC Health - University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Westmoreland Regional Hospital
Latrobe Area Hospital
UPMC Northwest Medical Center
Sacred Heart-University Distr
James Cancer Hosp And Solove Rsch Inst
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System
OSU University Hospitals
Nationwide Childrens Hospital
James Cancer Hospital
Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc
16 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Stephen Cook accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpectrum Health Butterworth Campus, 100 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen Cook in this video.
Dr. Stephen Cook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.